Thursday, March 6, 2014

ONE LOVE

What Is Love?
Fluidly changing
Always rearranging
It's an action and a thing
It's a feeling and a being
It's a range of many meanings
And a place that's ever changing
It's destructive like the weather
To make us change...but for the better
Yet it's gentle like a feather
Always silent..always treasured
~Geri M.2014

What?
You're right...I have no idea... 

With each new leaf (bible page) that I turn over in my life,
 and just when I think I've matured enough to know what it means,
 I realize that I have to go deeper....
Deeper into the abyss of my soul where the secrets to ME and who I am supposed to be are totally locked away...

Behind a padlock, inside a chamber door, that goes down to a bunker somewhere in a desolate place that I can't Google map...

I don't think love can really be defined in words...

What I do know though is what IT isn't....it ISN'T anger...

The act (not the emotion) of ANGER, to me, 
is the polar opposite to love...

The emotion anger can be a righteous emotion, but mostly with us humans we are motivated by selfishness tied to pride, or greed, or some type of need to control the situation. 

Here's an epiphany....you can actually be hurt without being angry! They are nooot the same thing, yet many friends and couples intermingle the two as if they were 2 peas in a pod. 


 
Ahhh control....why is it so hard for us to not desire control? Even when we think we aren't controlling....we are. We are raised with the idea that we always need to control our lives...our schedules, our surroundings. Why? To achieve some fake idea we call success. 

What if our goal was to achieve success by loving each other....
through forgiveness, feeding the poor, healing the sick, not pointing fingers
(cept for at our own behavior)


Could you imagine if everybody got up in the morning and said....
"Today I declare!! 
I am going to micromanage(dun dun dun)....my own behavior!"


 Aha! We would be different, that's all this Crazy Lady knows














No comments:

Post a Comment