Monday, October 7, 2013

Is He Still Mad?

I ask...'Is he still mad?' She replies...'No but my boobs are leaky!'....I reply ':/...ok' while I do the eyebrows raised and crooked mouth bit...


I like those simple, strange and weird conversations with her...it's a banter that only a Mom and Daughter could understand....

She's one of the funniest people I know and always has been....she lost the funny for a few years ...age 13 to 18....some of the most miserable mother/daughter relationship time I have ever had, but I think it somehow made us stronger. We know each other and trust each other in a way that most people just don't get...underneath all the drama was a love, a deep seeded love she never lost for me even when she was sure she hated me...


She's just a few days away from becoming a Momma herself....and I'm scared for her...scared of all the obstacles she'll have to overcome.....my only comfort...God/Daddy....he has always and will always take care of her....where men have failed her...Daddy has not....I pray she knows it and lives it. 

She says....I just wanna slap him...:/....I do the eyebrows raised and crooked mouth bit again, and my heart sighs 'Aye' out loud....she got that tude from my Momma...the Granny attitude/tude....Grannitude....It's strong, it's mean, but it's as funny as you know what....
because neither one of them would ever slap anybody, they just find comfort in saying they would....underneath all that Grannitude is a big softy....probably gonna be the most loving Momma ever...she's always loved animals, and our dogs still don't know they aren't her babies...it'll be interesting to see the shock when they realize it....

What a joy to be a Grandma again...what a joy to be a Grandma....I get to play and love without worrying about discipline and all that serious parenting stuff. 

She says 'My boob's are still leaking'  I say,  'Ok...put a pad in your bra'  She responds...'I think I might have some breast pads somewhere, thanks Momma...love you.' I say 'Love you too Monkey.' 

I ask...'Is he still mad?' She replies...'No but my boobs are leaky!'....Random and strange...

Thank the Lord for Daughters..... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment