Thursday, August 8, 2013

Wrinkles

After 39...Birthdays just go south for women...We just don't care anymore...

Age 40...I woke up that day. It was a day like any other...Then I looked in the mirror and tragedy struck... There they were! ...I don't know where they came from but they were there. Wrinkles-smile wrinkles, frown wrinkles, wrinkles on my cheeks. Then I look down...and yep...wrinkles on my knees! I kept telling myself, 'No don't frown-it causes more wrinkles!'  My skin was all of the sudden dry...all that youthful moisture gone...AND
to add insult to injury...my freckles had grown together to form large age spots! I want my 20yr old skin again but this time i want to appreciate it!

 I look at my daughters and think...'Oh if you only knew just how beautiful your skin is' which is probably what my Mom thought about me and my Grandma about her and my Great Grams about my Grandma!

It's a vicious cycle I tell you! We don't appreciate what we have when we have it. So my mind says "Why don't you appreciate your wrinkles then? I mean it could get worse! At least I've gained enough weight now that I'm plump and it stretches out some of them puppies. "Appreciate wrinkles?!" I gasp to myself.

Yes, appreciate my wrinkles...be thankful that I have lived this long to have them, thankful that each one is from a worry, a struggle, hard work, or some fun in the sun which were all well worth it! 
I can no longer dream of being a forehead model, but I CAN model for my hunny when the opportunity arises. 


Besides...Older Women Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment