Monday, September 29, 2014

Spirits

It's almost Halloween! And people are thinking about 'Spirits' for sure, but probably not the kind I've had on my mind.

We are always searching for that 'feeling'....elation~peace~love...We look for it in work/careers/with family/friends...We search and search and search...

Our society turns to drugs to get this 'feeling' but we never seem to get it or even get close to even emulating it. But we still keep trying...and exactly what is that feeling? I mean how do we even know it exists if we've never truly achieved it in our life?

Pastor said something yesterday...he said "That's why they call alcohol spirits...because the feeling it gives you is kind of what it feels like to be drunk in the holy spirit".

My mind said hmm...wait what?! That makes perfect crazy sense! 

We use and abuse spirits(alcohol/mood altering drugs) to achieve this feeling....We are searching for this thing that's missing yet we never get there. Ahh the question of life... 

It's really sad but it's really real....

I was lying in bed this morning asking God why we can't achieve that spirit feeling in this reality/sobriety of a world...and why we are always trying escape that sobriety? Then I thought about how even Halloween is that escape...we get to be someone else for the night!

The idea to go to some better place is in music, art, work...it's everywhere...seeking constantly seeking THE BETTER~ aka HEAVEN.......

I was listening to Men Without Hats this morning because 80's music makes me happy, and I'm an 80's child, and well none of that matters here but for the first time ever I heard that same question I had been meditating on in their song!

 'And we can act like we come from out of this world leave the real one far behind"
 
Throughout our individual human time on this earth...we experience cycles of the desolation of not wanting to be here...because of struggles, boredom, abuse...

We all want to be somewhere else! In a 'better place'.


There are people I've heard who are 'getting drunk in the Holy Spirit' who have achieved this spiritual higher place...and then there's those getting drunk on the earthly spirits who have achieved a spiritual lower place...Unfortunately I have to say that I can totally only claim to have participated in the earthly spirit group, but I'm not sure I can claim to be part of the holy spirit group. 

Struggling~striving it's all part of life....maybe I'm over thinking this or maybe I just need a vacation...(It's been a few years)

God didn't give me a spoken answer this morning...I did, however, start to drift back off to sleep and an extreme sensation that I can only describe as peace and well being swept over me...and when I woke up my mind thought...'And that's what the Spirit feels like'

I used to think Halloween was about costumes, candy and even ancient pagan rituals...
But most recently, I think of Halloween as an opportunity to celebrate the 'Spirit' we were intended to have..(I mean we are sharing edibles...and Jesus loved to invite himself to dinner...each treat should be sent with a loving blessing to all the children he ohh soo loves)

So don't forget God/Jesus/Holy Spirit are exactly what Halloween supposedly celebrates....The Supernatural!

Think about it...door bell rings...you hear 'Trick or Treat', and you answer the door....dressed like Jesus! Maybe the trick or treater starts to speak in tongues, and be slain in the Holy Spirit...now wouldn't that be a change for a spirit encounter on Halloween!

Besides...He is more interesting than any ghouls or goblins if you ask me...

No comments:

Post a Comment